Located at 12 North Street, the St. Andrews Heritage Museum & Garden contains glimpses of life in St. Andrews across the centuries. Though the museum house dates from the 1600s, the site was first built on around 1140. The ground floor of the museum features tools and products from industries and shops in St. Andrews including a shop counter reconstructed to resemble Aikman and Terras (the local grocer’s from 1837-1981), a display on dentistry, and a replica chemist shop. On the first floor are temporary exhibitions on a wide range of topics relating to St. Andrews and the surrounding area. The gardens in back provide a quiet and beautiful space to enjoy. Please check the museum website for opening hours.
St. Andrews Heritage Museum & Garden is operated by the St. Andrews Preservation Trust, an organization founded in 1937 and dedicated to preserving the town’s architectural heritage and historic character. For more information on the St. Andrew Preservation Trust, visit https://standrewspreservationtrust.com/
For detailed descriptions of the museum displays, visit https://standrewspreservationtrust.com/museum/
For a 360-degree virtual tour of the museum and gardens, click on the globe icon in the description of the Preservation Trust Museum in the map below or visit https://archive.standrewspreservationtrust.co.uk/galleries/virtualTour.php